Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You might have wondered...

...what do Schubert cats dream of?

Last night, I dreamt that the concrete utility sink overcame its iron footing and lurched to its left as the legs gave way. It tossed the washing machine aside, pushing it across the basement. I watched as the water lines snapped free from the washing machine's back and sprayed a wide shower that seemed to come from everywhere as it reached the opposite wall and ceiling and ricocheted off of each. I watched from the doorway as water pooled on the basement floor. A small tendril of cold water crept toward me on the floor and I held my ground. It eased closer, winding briefly around a crack in the floor until finally it reached me. I bent my neck and sipped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penultimatina said...

That sounds more like a dream come true for you, Schubert.

How's the upstairs treating you?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

Oh the upstairs is treating me quite well, thank you. Now that the others know who wears the pance.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home