Tuesday, April 28, 2009

By request...

Villanelle of Myself

I am a proud black queen.
More than the sum of my hands.
My magic is aquamarine.

More beautiful than the sleekest machine
but ready to rumble my way through badlands.
I am a proud black queen.

I sleep. You've not seen such a creature serene,
but stir not or suffer a sting like hot sands.
My magic is aquamarine.

My exquisite features overwhelm when first seen.
My tassels, my haunches, indicate higher plans.
I am a proud black queen.

You may, if you like, sit read me Racine.
En Fran├žais, bien s├╗r. You'll come with me to Cannes.
My magic is aquamarine.

Praising a Schubert is never routine.
In singing of Schubert, the heart understands.
I am a proud black queen.
My magic is aquamarine.


...Hmm. Not sure. Might come back to it. Your input, if you please. This particular piece may need reworked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penultimatina said...

I think it's magnificent. Perhaps you should write an essay on form some time soon...

1:21 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

Your wish is my command.

I will wait, though, until May. Maybe May should be National Essay on Poetic Form Writing Month.

NEsPoFoWriMo!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home